Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from The Magazine of La Cucina Italiana. Times do not include time to boil shrimp and boil eggs. You can always used cooked, peeled shrimp to save time.
- 4 French baguettes
- 32 shrimp, boiled and peeled, tails removed
- 4 eggs, hardboiled, peeled and sliced
- boston lettuce, washed and dried
- 8 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cut baguettes in half and then slice lengthwise to make opening for salad.
- Spread each half with mayonnaise. Place lettuce on bottom half of each baguette and top with 3 to 4 slices of hardboiled eggs.
- Season with a little salt and pepper with additional mayonnaise. Top the eggs with 7 to 8 shrimp and a few more lettuce leaves.
- These can be served open-face or topped with other half of the baguette.
- Serve with your favorite summer salad.