Recipe by TXOLDHAM
Adapted from The Magazine of La Cucina Italiana. Times do not include time to boil shrimp and boil eggs. You can always used cooked, peeled shrimp to save time.
- 4 French baguettes
- 32 shrimp, boiled and peeled, tails removed
- 4 eggs, hardboiled, peeled and sliced
- boston lettuce, washed and dried
- 8 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut baguettes in half and then slice lengthwise to make opening for salad.
- Spread each half with mayonnaise. Place lettuce on bottom half of each baguette and top with 3 to 4 slices of hardboiled eggs.
- Season with a little salt and pepper with additional mayonnaise. Top the eggs with 7 to 8 shrimp and a few more lettuce leaves.
- These can be served open-face or topped with other half of the baguette.
- Serve with your favorite summer salad.