Recipe by kymgerberich
From Cooking Light. I love egg flower soup and this makes it a light meal as well.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 5 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, cut lengthwise
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine cornstarch mixture, broth, sherry, soy sauce, ginger, and oil in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add mushrooms and carrot; cook 2 minutes. Add peas and shrimp; cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are done. Remove from heat. Slowly drizzle egg into broth mixture, stirring constanty. Stir in onions.