Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Serve on a bed of lettuce if you like. Adapted from"Diabetic Cooking for Everyone", by Carol Gelles. Exchange: 4 very lean meat, 3/4 vegetable, 3/4 fat. If fat-free yogurt and mayonnaise are used, fat exchange becomes 1/4.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs shrimp
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt (NOT vanilla)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped scallion (white and green)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced (grated is easier)
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon (dried is flavorless)
- 4 cups peeled and sliced cucumbers
- Cook the shrrimp in boiling salted water 3 to 5 minutes, until no longer translucent. Drain and place in a bowl of ice water to chill. Shell and de-vein the shrimp, then cut in half lengthwise. Set aside in the fridge in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except cucumber. Whisk to combine.
- Add dressing and cucumbers to the large bowl of shrimp. Toss to combine. Serve immediately, as cucumbers will weep moisture over time and dilute the dressing.