Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Best when made several hours ahead to allow blending of flavors before baking.
- 6 plain croissants (cut or torn into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated monterey jack cheese, divided
- 8 ounces cooked small shrimp
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Place half the croissant cubes in the bottom of a lightly greased 11 x8 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half the cheese, all the shrimp and green onions.
- Top with remaining croissant cubes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, thyme, salt, and pepper together.
- Pour pour over mixture in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Bring to room temperature.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven, uncovered, for about 40 minutes or until set.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.
This was an easy tasty recipe that I served for Sunday brunch. I am going to try it with other meats like ham or sausage. Would be a great breakfast dish! Thanks NurseDi