Recipe by Buddybearr
I found this wonderful shrimp recipe on USA Rice Federation website and we just love it. Though the recipe calls for Feta with basil and tomato..we preferred the plain.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup julienne strips red bell pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefresh baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb medium cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined (thawed if frozen)
- 3 cups cooked rice (hot medium or long grain white rice)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese with dried basil and tomato or 1 cup plain feta cheese
- toasted pine nuts (optional) or sliced almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add raisins and bell pepper;
- sauté 1 minute.
- Add spinach, salt and pepper; toss until spinach is just wilted.
- Add shrimp; sauté 30 seconds.
- Add hot rice and feta cheese.
- Toss all ingredients until heated through and cheese is soft and creamy.
- Top with toasted nuts, if desired.