Recipe by Carol M.
This was on a local station and after trying it I had to share with others! Delish!
Top Review by Abby Girl
I am sorry....I am going to be "odd man out" With all the great reviews, I was expecting something fantastic. It is exactly what it is, cream cheese melted into canned soup, with corn and shrimp! Instead of the canned corn, I used up some frozen corn I had put down from the summer....otherwise, I followed the recipe as written. It tasted OK and I was able to use up some cream cheese, shrimp and the corn....so that was a plus. Would I do it again? Probably not!!
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sweet butter cream
- 1 cup chopped green onion top
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 lb boiled shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning (I use Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy 5-quart soup pot, slowly melt the cream cheese and butter over low heat.
- Then add the green onions and gently simmer them for about 10-12 minutes.
- Next, stir in the potato soup and both cans of corn and continue the simmering process for an additional 15 minutes.
- Then begin stirring in the milk in order to reach the desired consistency--start off with a half of cup, then add more if you desire.
- At this point the soup should be nice and thick, having the texture of light pancake batter.
- Finally, just before you are ready to eat, fold in the shrimp, stir in the seafood seasoning, and heat pot to hot and bubbly.