Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very ellegant special dinner for two, but it can easily be increased for more servings. Originally from a February 1978 issue of Bon Appetit magazine.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots, diced
- 3⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 ounces crab, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup madeira wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- Melt butter in saucepan; add shallots and saute until soft.
- Add mushrooms and saute until any liquid evaporates.
- Add shrimp and cook until they just begin to turn pink; add crab.
- Stir in Madeira and cook until almost completely reduced.
- Add tarragon,lemon juice and tomato paste and mix thoroughly.
- Combine yolks with cream and very slowly add to saucepan, mixing constantly; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat through completely.
- Serve over linguine that has been cooked al dente, top with chopped parsley and serve.
Elegant, easy and delicious. We enjoyed this very much for dinner a few nights ago. Thanks for posting!
I've been looking for this recipe for years. Thank you for posting it. My friend used to make it and it is very, very delicious.