Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This is a very ellegant special dinner for two, but it can easily be increased for more servings. Originally from a February 1978 issue of Bon Appetit magazine.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots, diced
- 3⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 ounces crab, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup madeira wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saucepan; add shallots and saute until soft.
- Add mushrooms and saute until any liquid evaporates.
- Add shrimp and cook until they just begin to turn pink; add crab.
- Stir in Madeira and cook until almost completely reduced.
- Add tarragon,lemon juice and tomato paste and mix thoroughly.
- Combine yolks with cream and very slowly add to saucepan, mixing constantly; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat through completely.
- Serve over linguine that has been cooked al dente, top with chopped parsley and serve.