Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is the absolute best stuffing for whatever you want to stuff--my family mainly likes to stuff it into their mouths as fast as possible!!! I use the already cooked shrimp so prep time is minimal. I have made this as just a side dish, we like it so much.
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb white crab meat, picked and chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch green onion, chopped finely (use some of the green tops)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (14 ounce) packagepepperidge farm cornbread stuffing mix
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine or 1⁄4 cup marsala wine
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- salt and pepper
- Pick shell bits, if any, out of the crab, and chop.
- Melt the butter and let it cool while you chop the shrimp, onions and parsley.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Stuff into fish, beef, chicken, pork, mushrooms--whatever takes your fancy and cook according to the directions of whatever you stuffed.
- If cooking alone as a side dish, bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
I used this to stuff cornish game hens for a dinner party. It was absolutley awesome. Thanks.