Prep 30 mins
Cook 52 mins
Shrimp and crab combined with spaghetti and baked in a herb cheese sauce.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sliced green onion (include some tender green tops)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup light cream or 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 lb small cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat, flaked and picked over
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken up, cooked, and drained
- parmesan cheese, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a pan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add in the mushrooms, onions, and garlic; stir/sauté for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour; blend well.
- Add in stock, cream, wine, and seasonings; stir about 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in cheese, shrimp, and crabmeat.
- In a 4-quart casserole dish lightly coated with cooking spray combine spaghetti and seafood sauce (you can combine the spaghetti and seafood in a bowl, then transfer to the prepared casserole dish, if preferred).
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until bubbly.