Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 12 16-20 count shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 7 ounces lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 8 artichoke hearts, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup plum tomato, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan.
- Add fresh garlic and shrimp and sauté about 3 minutes or until shrimp are almost done.
- Add mushrooms and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add wine, artichokes, tomatoes, Romano cheese, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Just before serving, add crabmeat and heat.
- Serve on a bed of your favorite pasta or rice.
This was a wonderful recipe that I adapted a bit for our family's taste buds. I omitted the wine and the tomatoes and added half and half into the sauce. It turned out wonderful. I never would have thought about adding the romano cheese if it hadn't been for this recipe. I liked the artichokes as well. They added to the dish and put more vegetables into the meal. I served this over spaghetti. There was plenty of sauce for it. It probably helped that I added the cream. The crab added a richness to the dish, but it would be just as good without it.
I didn't have all the ingredients in the house and only used the crab, but it still turned out very good. I will definately try this one again! It was not 'saucy' enough to pour over rice or pasta for my taste. I served it with baked potatoes and steamed belgian endive with cheese sauce. Delish!
I made this exactly as the recipe states. Very good!