Recipe by Doc's Mom
This recipe was in the April 2010 Coastal Living Magazine. Created by Chef Jeff Tunks, Passionfish in Reston, VA. "I love the classic mixture of tortilla chips, melted cheese, and pickled jalapenos; adding shrimp and crabmeat just takes it to a new level."
Top Review by nybabe77
Me and my sister made this DECILIOUS dish last night and LOVED it! I will say i didnt care for the cumin tase. Kinda over powered the other ingredients. 1 tsp of olive oil didnt seem like enough so we added a little more and next time we'll add less of the cumin and more garlic as i couldnt even taste it. We only made half our batch and will be eating the rest today for lunch. We added black olives too. This is a great snack to make for the whole family!!!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 -3 teaspoons ground cumin, toasted
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 lb jumbo lump crab meat, cleaned and picked
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 1 (9 ounce) bag corn tortilla chips (yellow, white or blue)
- 3 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, cumin, and garlic; saute 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
- Combine cooked shrimp, crab, sour cream, and onion in a large bowl.
- Spread tortilla chips on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Top with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, and top with jalapeno.
- Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.