Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
For all you seafood lovers, here is a wonderful summertime cold soup, that is very flavorful and delicious.
- 12 fresh ripe tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 3 -4 cloves fresh garlic (or more or less to suit taste, I find that 3 cloves are just the right amount)
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced small
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced small
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced small (do not use just green bell pepper, as the soup will be bitter, try to mix all together)
- 3⁄4 cup green onion (white part only)
- 3 cups cucumbers, peeled,seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 lb small shrimp, cooked and chilled
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat, cooked and chilled (it is best to use fresh crab meat for this, but imitation can be used if desired)
- crouton, for garnish
- In a food processor, place the garlic and tomatoes; blend until a rough-chop stage.
- Dice peppers and green onions.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the crushed tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, green onions, olive oil, lemon juice and salt; mix well.
- (if desired you may process all of the veggies for a smoother texture, if you prefer a chunky gazpacho, then leave the veggies chopped).
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Ladle into small soup bowls.
- Cut the shellfish into bite-size pieces, and divide equally among the bowls.
- Top with croutons, and freshly ground black pepper.
you have another winner kit this is so delicious a perfect summertime soup with wonderful flavors I love this because it uses fresh tomatoes, I justn used 1 large clove of garlic that was just plenty, thank Kit