Recipe by Manami
These special hors d'ouevres can be made ahead of time. These are very pretty! Since, the crostini can be made way of ahead of time and stored in an airtight container, the spread can be combined at the last minute. This comes from www.finedinings.com a beautiful site, which is new to me!
- 2 French baguettes or 2 Italian bread, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces seafood, chopped coarsely (crab or shrimp)
- 1 large red bell pepper, small dice
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice or 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- kosher salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste (optional)
- 4 -5 drops Tabasco sauce, more if needed (optional)
- 8 shrimp, cut lengthwise, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast baguette:.
- Lightly brush each side of slice with oil.
- Place in dry skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook on each side until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place on paper towel.
- In a bowl, combine 8 oz of shrimp or crab (or a combination of both), red pepper, chives, lime or lemon juice, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, cheese, & Tabasco (if using) and blend well.
- Add kosher salt and black pepper.
- Spread mixture on each slice of toasted baguette.
- Lay a shrimp that you have cut in 2 lengthwise on each baguette and then add a small parsley leaf and serve.
- *Wine recommendation: Sauvignon Blanc.