Recipe by Bayou Andy
With fall coming on strong, here is a great full-bodied dish that can be prepared with any consistency you desire. If too thick, simply add a little more water and simmer. This is from The Frank Davis Seafood Notebook. Easy but good enough for company. (Note: You can use "Healthy Request" soups by Campbell's to lighten this dish up.)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of shrimp soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups water (I usually use shrimp stock)
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped bell pepper
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup green peas
- 1⁄2 cup button mushroom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb chopped medium shrimp
- 1 lb flaked crabmeat
Directions See How It's Made
- Set your burner on medium.
- Take a large skillet and put in the 2 cans of soup and the 2 cups of water, stirring until mixture becomes smooth.
- Then add the margarine, cover the pan,and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add everything else except the shrimp and crabmeat, and spend about 5 minutes stirring the soup over a medium fire.
- Cover the skillet, reduce the heat back to simmer and let the base cook for 30 minutes.
- Finally, add the chopped raw shrimp and crabmeat and stir them in well.
- Re-cover the skillet and let the bisque simmer for about 10 more minutes or until the shrimp turn pink and tender.
- A green salad and of course, french bread make this a great fall meal.