Recipe by English_Rose
Shellfish, served in a brandy-spiked cheese sauce, makes a tasty filling for cannelloni in this pasta supper.
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 7 ounces small shrimp, peeled
- 7 ounces white crab meat
- 3 tablespoons cognac
- 2 ounces cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 8 -10 lasagna sheets, cooked
- 2 1⁄2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450°F Butter an ovenproof dish. Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a frying pan and add the shallots. Cook over a gentle heat for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp, crabmeat and cognac. Season to taste and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- To make the sauce, melt the remaining butter in a saucepan and add the cornstarch. Cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, without colouring.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring continuously, until the sauce is thick and smooth.
- Add half the sauce into the shrimp and crab mixture and stir in the dill.
- Lay the pasta out on a work surface, fill with the mixture and roll up into tube shapes. Arrange the cannelloni in the dish and pour over the remaining sauce.
- Scatter over the Parmesan cheese and cook for 10 minutes, until hot and golden. Serve with a crisp green salad.