Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
Alot of works, but fresh and delicious
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 1⁄2 lbs tomatillos
- 4 large fresh poblano chiles
- 4 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 2 cups packed coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, plus additional (to garnish)
- 1 cup packed chopped green onion
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped red onions, plus thinly sliced red onion rounds (to garnish)
- 48 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (6 inch) diameter corn tortillas
- 12 ounces feta cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Line large rimmed baking sheet with foil; brush lightly with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Arrange tomatillos, poblano chiles, cut side down, and garlic cloves on prepared baking sheet.
- Broil until tomatillos and chiles begin to soften and blacken in several spots, watching closely to prevent burning, about 10 minutes (do not turn).
- Remove from oven.
- Let stand until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer tomatillos to processor.
- Peel garlic and add to processor.
- Peel charred parts of chiles; coarsely chop chiles.
- Add generous 1/3 cup chopped chiles to processor (reserve remaining chiles for enchilada filling).
- Add 2 cups cilantro and 1 cup green onions to processor; using on/off turns, blend until coarse puree forms.
- Season salsa verde to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer 1 1/2 cups salsa verde to shallow bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped red onion and sauté until slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Add shrimp, oregano, cumin, and remaining chopped chiles to skillet; sauté just until shrimp are almost opaque but not completely cooked through, tossing often, 3 to 3 1/2 minutes.
- Remove shrimp mixture from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Brush 15x10x2-inch glass baking dish with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Spread 1/2 cup salsa verde from processor in bottom of dish.
- Stack tortillas; wrap in damp paper towels and place on plate.
- Microwave tortillas on high just until soft and pliable, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Working with 1 tortilla at a time, dip tortilla into bowl with 1 1/2 cups salsa verde, turning to coat both sides evenly.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Place 4 shrimp and some onion-chile mixture down center of tortilla, then sprinkle rounded tablespoonful cheese over.
- Roll up tortilla, enclosing shrimp and onion-chile filling.
- Place seam side down in dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas, shrimp, onion-chile mixture, and cheese.
- Spread 2 cups salsa verde from processor over enchiladas.
- Bake enchiladas just until heated through and cheese melts, about 20 minutes. Using spatula, transfer 2 enchiladas to each of 6 plates.
- Spoon any remaining salsa verde over; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Drizzle with crema and garnish with red onion slices and additional chopped cilantro.