Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Easy to make soup, ready to have when you get home from work. The recipe comes from our local newspaper.
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- cajun seasoning, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, peeled, cleaned
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- Place ALL ingredients in crock pot, EXCEPT SHRIMP and GREEN ONIONS.
- Cook on low for 8 hours; Add shrimp during the last hour of cooking; stir and turn cooker to high.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with green onions, enjoy.
This turned out to be a wonderful gumbo (but easier than making a roux), Barb. I served Garlic Bread With Cheese with it and they went perfect together. I used Kittencal's The Best Creole/Cajun Seasoning Mix for the seasoning and it gave it a wonderful spicy flavor. I did add about a tsp. of cornstarch/water because I wanted the soup a tad thicker and this really did the trick. Note: this made a ample amount, probably could serve 8. Thanks for another terrific recipe! Roxygirl
Miss Barb, I made this tonight in my new (black Friday) mini crockpot and YUMMMMMM!!!!! Thanks for the great recipe! It's a definite keeper! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
Very tasty and lower calorie than most similar recipes.