Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
We have been using this one since 1984 and it is a favorite.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 5 cups hot water
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 10 drops Tabasco sauce
- Heat oil in pot.
- Add the flour and stir.
- Add onion, celery and bell pepper.
- Cook 10 minutes or until the onion is tender.
- Add corn, tomato paste, hot water, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 30 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook another 15 minutes longer.
best ever soup i cooked