Recipe by Sayster
From RealSimple. I make this in huge batches and eat on it for days! It's so good on top of a little arugula with goat cheese. I sometimes use chicken and pine nuts instead of shrimp and pumpkin seeds--sort of sub out according to what I have around.
Top Review by Recipe Reader
An excellent summer salad. I served this over iceberg lettuce and it was perfect on a hot day. I actually used a can of corn and a can of diced tomatoes both well drained (for a half recipe), and it worked fine. I love the light, fruity dressing with these ingredients. Thank you so much for posting. Made for Fall PAC 2009.
- 2 cups corn kernels (from 3 ears)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small jicama, cut into thin strips (optional)
- 1 lb peeled and deveined large cooked shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup shelled roasted pumpkin seeds
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced (white and light green parts)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes, jicama (if using), shrimp, pumpkin seeds, and scallions.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the orange and lime juices, honey, cumin, oil, salt, and pepper. Toss with the shrimp mixture.
- It's good cold or at room temperature.