Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe that I have modified. It is a simple and delicious soup to make. It is one of my families favorites. Enjoy!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (16 ounce) packageloose-pack frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 2 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 8 ounces frozen peeled cooked shrimp, thawed
- 1 tablespoon basil
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in large saucepan.
- Add onion and red pepper: cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add 1/2 and 1/2, corn, and bouillon.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- Stirring frequently, for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in shrimp and basil; cook for 3 minutes.
Really easy, not a lot of spices. You can taste all of the ingredients. My family loves it. thanks, sandy
This is a great soup for a cold AZ day. That never happens, but this soup can happen! It is GREAT! Very light and delicious!