Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
If you are a seafood lover then you will love this, please don't omit the anchovy paste, it is what makes the sauce, you won't even know it's there! I suggest to increase the amount of clams, you can also increase the shrimp amount if desired. Linguine can be used in place of the shell pasta if desired, prep time does not include cooked pasta.
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano (can use more)
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes (undrained, chopped)
- 1 (10 ounce) can baby clams (drained but save juice)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (more to garnish)
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 14 ounces large raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 12 -14 ounces cooked medium pasta shells
- grated parmesan cheese (use any amount desired)
- Heat oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in onion, garlic, red pepper flakes and oregano; saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes with juice, clam juice (add in the clams later) and about 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley and anchovy paste; stir to combine, then cook covered about 20 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer for another 25-30 minutes, over medium-low heat stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened (simmer uncovered).
- Add in the reserved clams and uncooked shrimp; simmer until the shrimp is just cooked through (about 3 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in cooked pasta; toss to combine and warm.
- Transfer to a large bowl and sprinkle with more chopped parsley and Parmesan cheese.