Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Found this in Southern Living December 2011
- 1 lb large cooked shrimp (31/40 count peeled with tails )
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Whisk together olive oil and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour mixture into a large zip-lock bag, add shrimp, seal bag and turn to coat.
- Chill 3 to 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain shrimp mixture, and stir in orange segments and basil.
- Spoon mixture into chilled glasses or small serving bowls.
This was a perfect light dinner on a hot summer evening! Served with garlic bread and Blue Moon beer :) Loved the orange in the background of flavors!
Made in your Memory Papa D ! RIP
These are so yummy! I made as posted with the exception of cutting the olive oil in half...I truly enjoyed the mixture of flavors...but hubby...half way threw eating the dish...said...is there orange in it... I couldn't lie...he at that moment decided he really didn't care for it..."MEN"...you can't live with them and you can't live without them" Thanks for posting it...made for Spring 2012 PAC