Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My best friend shared this recipe with me years ago. I really don't know where she found it. Let this coleslaw marinate overnight. The flavors are out of this world-Enjoy and God Bless!
- 1 head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 bunch green onion, washed and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, leaves only and chopped finely
- 1 lb bay shrimp, rinsed and well drained
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar or 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Clean the cabbage and slice or shredd very thin.
- Add the cabbage, green onion and cilantro to a large bowl.
- Sprinkle the shrimp and cashews into the bowl as well.
- In a smaller bowl make the dressing out of the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, and sugar or splenda. Make certain to whisk until the sugar and salt have disolved.
- Poor over the the salad and gently combine.
- Cover and refrigirate-stirring every now and again.
- Let rest in the fridge over night before serving so you will need to plan ahead.
- Before presenting you could sprinkle with a few extra chopped cashews and bay shrimp if desired.