Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from our local newspaper. The original recipe called for 24 U-10 jumbo shrimp.
- 4 ounces white wine
- 2 ounces white vinegar
- 4 ounces bacardi coconut rum, divided
- 1⁄2 lb butter, cut in pieces
- 2 ounces sugar
- salt, to taste
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chorizo sausage, cut into julienne strips
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For the sauce, in a small saucepan combine wine, white vinegar and 2 ounces of rum.
- Simmer over medium heat until reduce in volume by half.
- With a whisk, incorporate butter into hot liquid.
- Add 2 ounces of rum and sugar and season with salt to taste.
- Sauté shrimp in butter and set aside.
- Sauté chorizo until it completely cooks and set aside.
- To serve, pour some of the sauce on a serving plate, place chorizo on top of sauce.
- Top with shrimp.