Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
From "Grill! by Pippa Cuthbert and Lindsay Cameron Wilson. All the juices and oils from the chorizo ooze out while cooking, leaving the shrimp succulent and spicy. Only 198 calories! mealsforyou.com
- 12 large shrimp
- 1 tablespoon harissa (optional)
- 2 chorizo sausages, about 6 ounces
- 12 fresh bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 short skewers, soaked in water
- Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the small tail ends still attached.
- Rub over the harissa paste evenly and set aside.
- Slice the chorizo into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Place 1 chorizo slice into the crook of each shrimp and thread onto a skewer.
- Add a bay leaf to each skewer and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Great for an evening outside. Serve with a potato dish, grilled vegetables, green salad with vinaigrette, and a nice wine.