Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is an easy version of a Shrimp and Chorizo with Aioli Sandwich. I like combinations that can be served with rice or potatoes or a salad for my DH, but which I can take as a sandwich to work, since I work evenings. This comes from Yahoo! Shine.
- In a medium saucepan, bring heavily salted water to a boil; add shrimp and turn off heat.
- After about 3 minutes check one shrimp, by cutting open, to see if it is cooked through; if so, drain and rinse shrimp - if not, let poach a few minutes more in the salted water.
- Cut shrimp into 1/4 inch dice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice and salt to make and aioli.
- In a larger mixing bowl, combine the shrimp, chorizo, green onions, and half the aioli; taste and adjust seasoning (add more aioli if needed).
- Slice the rolls, and fill with the shrimp salad; top with arugula, close sandwich and serve.
I admit I am not much of a non-deep fat fried shrimp fan but with the aioli and chorizo, it wasn't bad. Added extra garlic, of course, and I actually did not make a sandwich, I made a salad. Scooping it into a lettuce leaf cup, it stood on its own along with a side of Rice-A-Roni and a side of mixed stir-fry veggies.