Recipe by English_Rose
A tasty but simple supper for two. Serve with a leafy green salad. If your frying pan has an ovenproof handle it will be fine under the broiler - just remeber to wear an oven glove when removing it. If the pan has a plastic handle, make sure you leave the handle sticking out of the broiler away from direct heat or wrap it in some foil before broiling.
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 ounces chorizo sausage, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 ounces cooked peeled shrimp
- 4 ounces frozen peas, defrosted
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the broiler to medium. In an 8in frying pan, fry the onion and chorizo in the oil over a low heat for 4-5 mins stirring occasionally until the onion is soft.
- Take the pan off the heat, pour out any excess fat from the chorizo, then stir in the beaten eggs and milk with some seasoning.
- Stir in the shrimp and peas and return to a low heat for 10-12 mins until all but the very top of the frittata is set.
- Flash it under the broiler until golden. Serve in wedges with a salad.