- 10 large shelled cooked shrimp (or extra-large)
- 1 cup beer (not dark)
- 1 cup flour, and a little more for dusting
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except shrimp in a mixing bowl to make batter.
- Dust shrimp in flour.
- Dip shrimp into batter.
- Fry shrimp in deep fryer set at 375 degrees or in a skillet with 2 inches of vegetable oil, until golden brown.
- Drain shrimp on paper towels or on brown grocery bags from the market.
- Serve with french fries and cole slaw or creamy cucumber salad (Recipezaar recipe 211355).
- Also serve with cocktail sauce and tartar sauce.