Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from my mother-in-law and changed it a bit to fit my taste. It's easy to make and a complete meal when you add a side salad and garlic bread.
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (medium or large)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley or 4 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- In 12" skillet over medium heat, add olive oil.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- With a slotted spoon, remove onion and garlic to a small bowl.
- In remaining drippings in skillet over medium high heat cook chicken pieces until slightly browned.
- Add 3 T fresh or 3 t. dried parsley, onion, tomato sauce, chicken broth, salt, ground cayenne red pepper, basil, pepper and 1/4 cup water (feel free to replace this with 1/4 cup white wine).
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp, cover and simmer 5 minutes or until chicken and shrimp are tender.
- Spoon into bowl and sprinkle with remainder of parsley.
- Serve over angel hair pasta.
- Sprinkle a little bit of grated parmesian cheese over the top for a little something extra!
Wow!! This is delicious. Tasted like a restaurant meal. The flavors were perfect and it was easy to make. I'm looking forward to making this for company. I used dried herbs and white wine. So good. The house smelled wonderful while it was cooking. Thanks for a great recipe.
Wow.This was sooo good and so simple. Tasted like I spent a lot more time and energy than I actually did. I used penne.