Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 mins
Great for Brunch or a light lunch. Fresh crab meat can be added to make even "more better" (Lenders makes frozen 2" bagel sold in groceries, this makes very good appetizers. But be sure to add the crabmeat and cut the cheese into smaller squares)
- 4 fresh bagels, any flavor
- 8 slices monterey jack cheese
- 3⁄4 lb small shrimp, cooked and chilled
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Slice bagels and set aside.
- Mash the boullion cube and mix with cream cheese.
- Mix all other ingredients (except jack cheese).
- Fold in chilled shrimp.
- Spread evenly on top of 8 bagel halves.
- Top each half with slice of jack cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees, or just broil'till cheese is brown and bubbly on top.