Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
I got this from a Sargento Cook book a few years ago, I have altered it a lot to suit my picky eaters.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lb cooked shelled shrimp, chopped coursley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 lb skinless red snapper
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine mayonnaise, cilantro and lime juice and set aside.
- Coarsely chop red snapper in a food processor, add Shrimp 3/4 cup bread crumbs, 1 1/2 cups cheese and 3 tbsp of mayonnaise mix, process untill combined Coat patties in rest of bread crumbs and cook in veg oil 3 minutes for each side or untill done.
- serve with remaining mayonnaise mixture.
I used Salmon (because I really LOVE salmon) and used fresh parsley (because I really HATE cilantro). Unfortunately I had to use lemon juice because, alas, I had neither lime nor juice of same and used cracker meal instead of breadcrumbs (personnal preference). These were still really good though. Next time (and there will be LOTS of "next times") I will be sure to have limes because I think that we'll like them even better then! Thanks for posting this!
These seafood cakes were excellent. I did substitute crab for the snapper as this is what I had on hand. The cilantro and lime was a very nice touch and the sauce mixture is so simple, but one that I know I will return to with other fish dishes. thank you Jeff for sharing the recipe.
These shrimp patties were wonderful. I used cod and shrimp because that's what I had in the freezer and I also used panco breadcrumbs, worked very well. Noticed you left the eggs out of the instructions, you might want to fix it, regardless we enjoyed them and will be making them again. Thanks for sharing, couldn't resist making the after seeing Evie's photo!