1/1 Photo of Shrimp and Broccolini Stir-Fry
This is based on a recipe from a Gourmet magazine pamphlet titled "Every Day Meals". The intro to the recipe states, "If you have regular broccoli on hand, you could use the florets as a substitute for the Broccolini (a cross between broccoli and Chinese kale), though the flavor will be somewhat different. Round out this stir-fry with cooked white rice."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3/4 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (size 15)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 bunch Broccolini, cut into 1/4-inch-thick diagonal slices (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1In a large nonstick skillet over moderately high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil until hot but not smoking. Add shrimp and cook until golden and almost cooked through, about 1 minute on each side.
- 2Remove shrimp to a dish.
- 3Heat remaining tablespoon oil in skillet over moderately high heat until smoking, then saute ginger and garlic, stirring until golden.
- 4Add broccolini, water, hoisin, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring until Broccolini is just tender, about 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in shrimp and cook until just heated through.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Broccolini Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.2
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 215.5 mg
- Sodium 2863.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 26.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: