Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cooking Light. Jan 2008. Serve over rice.
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 lb peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup vertically sliced onion
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat 2 teaspoons canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic to pan; stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt. Add shrimp to pan, and stir-fry 3 minutes or until done. Remove shrimp mixture from the pan.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon canola oil to pan. Add broccoli and onion to pan; stir-fry 4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Add shrimp mixture and broth mixture to pan; cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly.
I made this last night to rave reviews. Very easy! My personal preference is less red pepper but the fresh ginger really makes the recipe.