Recipe by karen
This was the first Chinese dish I ever tried, and is easy enough for even the newest cook.
Top Review by Annacia
I cooked the veggies first and added the shrimp about 2 mins before finishing. I used veggie broth in place of the sherry and mixed in a small amount of cornstarch. It was served over Recipe #14764 for a wonderful and healthy meal. Very quick and simple.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, stir-fry shrimp and broccoli in hot oil over high heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms. Continue to stir-fry an additional 2 minutes or until shrimp are pink and vegetables are crisp tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except rice. Cook until heated through.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.