Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was the first Chinese dish I ever tried, and is easy enough for even the newest cook.
Make and share this Shrimp and Broccoli Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- white rice
- In a large skillet, stir-fry shrimp and broccoli in hot oil over high heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms. Continue to stir-fry an additional 2 minutes or until shrimp are pink and vegetables are crisp tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except rice. Cook until heated through.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
I cooked the veggies first and added the shrimp about 2 mins before finishing. I used veggie broth in place of the sherry and mixed in a small amount of cornstarch. It was served over Solo Sweet Onion Rice for a wonderful and healthy meal. Very quick and simple.
5 stars for simplicity! I kicked it up with a 1/2 a sliced onion fresh garlic. I stir fried the broccoli, onion and mushrooms first the added the shrimp. I`m not a fan of overcooked shrimp and find 3 minutes is plenty for them. A slurry of cornstarch and water added to this would give a nice smooth glossy sauce instead of lots of liquid. Thanks!
This was an excellent, no fuss, fast, healthy, and easy recipe. I didn't have mushrooms, but they would have been a great addition. I would also add leeks, bok choy, or celery, maybe some sliced carrots. I used minced garlic rather than garlic powder, and added some corn starch to thicken. My husband said, "You can make this any time!" This would be good with chicken, beef, or scallops.