Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my favorites. Love all three ingredients. You can substitute chicken or sausage for the shrimp too. Serve with garlic bread or crusty french...
- 1 lb large shrimp, cleaned, tails on
- 6 cups broccoli rabe, - 2 heads stems removed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth, more if needed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, pepperoncini
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- salt and pepper, to taste, if you like it soupier add more chicken broth
- parmesan cheese, if desired
- In large saute pan, heat olive oil.
- Add garlic till softened.
- Add broccoli rabe and toss.
- Add chicken broth and shrimp, simmer till shrimp are pink but not overcooked.
- Add pepper flakes.
- Meantime, boil the Angel Hair and drain.
- Add to saute pan and toss well with tongs.
- I serve it right from the saute pan. I prefer it without cheese but to each his own!
Wonderful use of broccoli rabe other than the standard saute. Nice bite added to the sweet shrimp. I added about twice the amount of red pepper flakes though. Spicy was nicey!
Easy, delicious, fast! What else do you need? We used 3/4 of pasta, and added 2 cups of stella parmesan and 4 oz. of chopped pancetta. Cooked the pancetta with the garlic, and mixed the cheese into the pasta before adding it to the shrimp. Awesome.
Excellent Dish! My picky 5 year old loves it too!