Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A classic Italian Dish from the Adkins Low Carb Cookbook.
Make and share this Shrimp and Broccoli Rabe recipe from Food.com.
- 2 bunches broccoli rabe, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3⁄4 cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Fill a large saucepan two-thirds full with water and bring to a boil; add broccoli rabe, return to a boil, and cook until bright green but still firm, 3-5 minutes. Drain well in a colander.
- Wipe out saucepan. Add oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until it just begins to color, about 30 seconds. Add broth, salt, and red pepper flakes; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp just begin to curl. Add broccoli rabe and beans, and cook until eated through, 1-3 minutes. Season to taste with salt.