Recipe by Irmgard
I found this recipe on another cooking blog and I had both shrimp and Brie to use up so I thought I would splurge a little. It is so delicious, something I would definitely serve to company or as a special occasion meal for two.
- 8 ounces brie cheese, rind removed if desired
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, coarsely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces linguine, uncooked
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cube the Brie and combine with the next 7 ingredients in a bowl.
- Cover and let stand 1 hour.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions.
- Two minutes before the pasta is done, add the shrimp.
- Cook 2 minutes or until the shrimp are done.
- Drain the pasta and shrimp, and immediately toss with the Brie mixture.
- Serve immediately with fresh Parmesan.