Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another recipe I copied while waiting in the doctor's office. Here's hoping it's as tasty as it sounds!
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons peeled fresh ginger, finely julienned
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1⁄4 lb shiitake mushroom, steammed and caps thinly sliced
- 1 head bok choy, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 0.25 (3 ounce) packageinstant ramen noodles, crumbled
- In a small bowl, whisk the broth, soy sauce, mirin and cornstarch slurry.
- Heat a nonstick wok untl very hot (3 minutes).
- Add canola oil, ginger, garlic and red pepper. Stir fry until fragrant (20 seconds).
- Add onion and mushroom. Stir fry until lightly browned (3 minutes).
- Add bok choy and cook until the leaves are wilted and stems are crisp-tender (2 minutes).
- Add shrimp and stir-fry until pink and curled (nearly cooked through) (3 minutes).
- Stir the sauce, then stir it into the wok. Cook until slightly thickened (2 minutes).
- Transfer the shrimp and bok choy mix into a medium serving bowl and garnish with the crispy noodles.