Another recipe I copied while waiting in the doctor's office. Here's hoping it's as tasty as it sounds!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons peeled fresh ginger, finely julienned
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/4 lb shiitake mushroom, steammed and caps thinly sliced
- 1 head bok choy, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 0.25 (3 ounce) package instant ramen noodles, crumbled
- 1In a small bowl, whisk the broth, soy sauce, mirin and cornstarch slurry.
- 2Heat a nonstick wok untl very hot (3 minutes).
- 3Add canola oil, ginger, garlic and red pepper. Stir fry until fragrant (20 seconds).
- 4Add onion and mushroom. Stir fry until lightly browned (3 minutes).
- 5Add bok choy and cook until the leaves are wilted and stems are crisp-tender (2 minutes).
- 6Add shrimp and stir-fry until pink and curled (nearly cooked through) (3 minutes).
- 7Stir the sauce, then stir it into the wok. Cook until slightly thickened (2 minutes).
- 8Transfer the shrimp and bok choy mix into a medium serving bowl and garnish with the crispy noodles.
Browse Our Top Bok Choys Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bok Choys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Bok Choy With Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.0
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 1187.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 21.0 g