Recipe by Julie F
This is a recipe from the May, 2009 Better Homes and Gardens. It is shrimp and beans, along with fresh vegetables and seasonings, all wrapped up in a foil packet, then served on top of toasted bread. I love cooking in foil as it can easily be made ahead, and cleanup is a breeze!
Top Review by Greeny4444
This is a very tasty recipe, with a great mix of flavors! The packet method is sure great for easy cleanup. We rated this 4 stars (well, probably 4.5) because, although we thought this recipe turned out much like a chunky seafood soup kinda thing, it would've been good if the tomatoes were roughly chopped. I used a huge hothouse tomato, and we had to keep cutting it with our forks. Also, I personally thought there were a few too many shrimp (even though I love shrimp!). I would probably just buy 3/4 of a pound next time, maybe. My husband didn't say either of these things though. The bread was great for sopping up the juices. I forgot to take a picture of it in the packet (like the recipe is named)... sorry! This recipe makes a healthy, good-tasting dish. I'm glad we tried it! Made for Spring PAC 2011.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs medium shrimp
- 15 ounces cannellini, beans. rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion (about 2)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- black pepper
- 4 country bread, slices toasted
- fresh basil
- shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and devein shrimp - set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350. Fold four 24" x 18" sheets of heavy-duty foil in half. On center of foil, evenly divide beans, tomatoes, shrimp and onions. Drizzle with broth, lemon juice and oil. Sprinkle with seasoning, lemon peel and black pepper.
- Allowing room for steam to build, fold together narrow ends of foil; seal with double-fold. Place packets on baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Carefully open packets. Serve on top of, or alongside toasted bread. Top with basil and parmesan.