Recipe by Vicki in CT
Great alternative for your next barbeque. Polynesian style. From Alaska Shrimp and Crab Recipes by Cecilia Nibeck.
Top Review by Queenofcamping
Made for ZWT4...These were amazing!!! I had my family and then a friends son over and these were devoured. I let the shrimp sit in the sauce for about 8 hours. I also did some of the kabobs with mushrooms instead of bacon and those were good also. I left off the red pepper because my family does not like hot but hubby did put some ground black pepper on and they had a little bit of kick to them.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 slices bacon, cut into squares (best when partially cooked so shrimp does not become overcooked)
- 28 ounces sliced pineapple, each slice quartered
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spear shrimp, bacon, and pineapple onto skewers alternating each.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Brush over kabobs (this can be done ahead of time). Grill over hot coals basting frequently until shrimp turns pink.
- Alternatively, can marinate shrimp overnight then thread when ready to grill (preferred method).