1/2 Photos of Shrimp and Bacon Kabobs
Vicki in CT's Note:
Great alternative for your next barbeque. Polynesian style. From Alaska Shrimp and Crab Recipes by Cecilia Nibeck.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 slices bacon, cut into squares (best when partially cooked so shrimp does not become overcooked)
- 28 ounces sliced pineapple, each slice quartered
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- cayenne pepper
- 1Spear shrimp, bacon, and pineapple onto skewers alternating each.
- 2Combine remaining ingredients.
- 3Brush over kabobs (this can be done ahead of time). Grill over hot coals basting frequently until shrimp turns pink.
- 4Alternatively, can marinate shrimp overnight then thread when ready to grill (preferred method).
Browse Our Top Kid-Friendly Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Kid-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Bacon Kabobs
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.3
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 223.7 mg
- Sodium 820.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 25.8 g