Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great alternative for your next barbeque. Polynesian style. From Alaska Shrimp and Crab Recipes by Cecilia Nibeck.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 slices bacon, cut into squares (best when partially cooked so shrimp does not become overcooked)
- 28 ounces sliced pineapple, each slice quartered
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- cayenne pepper
- Spear shrimp, bacon, and pineapple onto skewers alternating each.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Brush over kabobs (this can be done ahead of time). Grill over hot coals basting frequently until shrimp turns pink.
- Alternatively, can marinate shrimp overnight then thread when ready to grill (preferred method).
Made for ZWT4...These were amazing!!! I had my family and then a friends son over and these were devoured. I let the shrimp sit in the sauce for about 8 hours. I also did some of the kabobs with mushrooms instead of bacon and those were good also. I left off the red pepper because my family does not like hot but hubby did put some ground black pepper on and they had a little bit of kick to them.