Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Cooking Light, April 2007 edition. They use potato flakes to give the filling body. Healthy, sort of, because you only use 4 of the yolks with the deviled eggs and you can use the other yolks over spinach salad.
- 8 hard-cooked large eggs, shelled
- 1⁄4 cup instant potato flakes
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup cooked medium shrimp, peeled and chopped (about 4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 center-cut bacon, slices cooked and crumbled
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks.
- Place 4 yolks in a medium bowl; reserve remaining yolks for another use.
- Add potato flakes and next 6 ingredients (through red pepper flakes) to yolks; stir well.
- Stir in shrimp and parsley.
- Spoon about 1 rounded tablespoon shrimp mixture into each egg white half.
- Sprinkle with bacon.