Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was posted in the Houston Chronicle. It's similar to a dish served at Goode Co. Seafood restaurant. A refreshing summer treat. You can serve it with tortilla chips as an appetizer, or as a topping for grilled seafood or veggie dishes.
- 2 lbs boiled shrimp, peeled,deveined
- 4 -5 avocados, chopped
- 8 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 -4 jalapenos, seeded,chopped
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 (12 ounce) jarcocktail seafood sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- Combine shrimp, avocados, tomatoes, cilantro, green onions, jalapeños and lime juice in a bowl and mix gently.
- Stir in seafood sauce, ketchup and salt.
- Chill, covered, until serving time.
- Garnish with a whole jalapeño.
- Note- if you like it hotter, leave the seeds in the jalapenos.
This was so yummy. I know i will be making this many more thimes.
I loved it!!!! I ussually eat ceviche but this one was very good. We aet them with chip tortillas... thank you
Very good as a topping to baguette slices for an appetizer, which is how I served this. I had only a small group to serve, so I made 1/4th the amount, using 1/2 pound of shrimp and 2 avocados. Because of the avocado, this needs to be eaten the same day it is made.