Recipe by LR Beckwith
This recipe came from a cook on an oil platform in the Java Sea. It's very delicious and surprisingly filling.
Top Review by Miss Annie
Nice!!! Simple ingredients that really plate well. Nice colors and variety. The sauce was very, very good. I think I could add some garlic powder to the sauce and it would be good too. Thanks so much for sharing this simply wonderful recipe.
- 1 large avocado
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 head lettuce
- Miracle Whip
- tomato catsup
- lawrys season salt
- louisiana hot sauce
- 1 dozen shrimp (medium to large, boiled and peeled, do not overcook)
Make the pink sauce first
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup tomato catsup
- 1 teaspoon lawrys season salt
- 1 -5 dash louisiana hot sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Pink Sauce: Stir well and set into refrigerator to chill.
- Wash the avocado and split it.
- Separate with a turning motion.
- Remove the seed.
- Set aside.
- Wash and chop the tomatoes into 8 pieces each.
- Set aside.
- Wash the lettuce and pull off several large leaves.
- Finely slice some of the lettuce.
- Make a bed of the lettuce leaves.
- Add an avocado half to one end of the platter.
- Put the shrimp with the head end down in the avocado half.
- Allow the shrimp tails to hang over the sides of the avocado.
- Add some of the shredded lettuce to the other end of the platter.
- Arrange the tomatoes in a circle on the shredded lettuce.
- Cover the shrimp and Avocado with the pink sauce and add some over the lettuce and tomato salad.