Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe came from a cook on an oil platform in the Java Sea. It's very delicious and surprisingly filling.
- 1 large avocado
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 head lettuce
- Miracle Whip
- tomato catsup
- lawrys season salt
- louisiana hot sauce
- 1 dozen shrimp (medium to large, boiled and peeled, do not overcook)
Make the pink sauce first
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup tomato catsup
- 1 teaspoon lawrys season salt
- 1 -5 dash louisiana hot sauce, to taste
- Pink Sauce: Stir well and set into refrigerator to chill.
- Wash the avocado and split it.
- Separate with a turning motion.
- Remove the seed.
- Set aside.
- Wash and chop the tomatoes into 8 pieces each.
- Set aside.
- Wash the lettuce and pull off several large leaves.
- Finely slice some of the lettuce.
- Make a bed of the lettuce leaves.
- Add an avocado half to one end of the platter.
- Put the shrimp with the head end down in the avocado half.
- Allow the shrimp tails to hang over the sides of the avocado.
- Add some of the shredded lettuce to the other end of the platter.
- Arrange the tomatoes in a circle on the shredded lettuce.
- Cover the shrimp and Avocado with the pink sauce and add some over the lettuce and tomato salad.