LR Beckwith's Note:
This recipe came from a cook on an oil platform in the Java Sea. It's very delicious and surprisingly filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large avocado
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 head lettuce
- Miracle Whip
- tomato catsup
- lawrys season salt
- louisiana hot sauce
- 1 dozen shrimp (medium to large, boiled and peeled, do not overcook)
Make the pink sauce first
- 1Pink Sauce: Stir well and set into refrigerator to chill.
- 2Wash the avocado and split it.
- 3Separate with a turning motion.
- 4Remove the seed.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Wash and chop the tomatoes into 8 pieces each.
- 7Set aside.
- 8Wash the lettuce and pull off several large leaves.
- 9Finely slice some of the lettuce.
- 10Make a bed of the lettuce leaves.
- 11Add an avocado half to one end of the platter.
- 12Put the shrimp with the head end down in the avocado half.
- 13Allow the shrimp tails to hang over the sides of the avocado.
- 14Add some of the shredded lettuce to the other end of the platter.
- 15Arrange the tomatoes in a circle on the shredded lettuce.
- 16Cover the shrimp and Avocado with the pink sauce and add some over the lettuce and tomato salad.
Browse Our Top Indonesian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Indonesian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Avocado Salad w/ pink sauce
Serving Size: 1 (732 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.9
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 54.7 mg
- Sodium 458.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 14.3 g