Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Inspired by a recipe from the Creme de Colorado cookbook.
- 14.79 ml butter
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 29.58 ml minced fresh parsley
- 226.79 g raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 29.58 ml dry vermouth or 29.58 ml white wine
- 44.37 ml butter
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- 0.25 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 255.14 g fettuccine pasta
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, cubed
- Cook fettuccine and keep warm.
- In a large skilled, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add parsley, shrimp, and vermouth. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly until shrimp is pink. Don't overcook! Transfer to a small bowl.
- In same skillet, heat 3 tablespoons butter until melted. Reduce heat to low and add cream, parmesan, and red pepper flakes. Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until cheese melts and sauce is smooth. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Serve: Place fettuccine is a service dish; add shrimp then top with avocado. Toss gently.
This was very tasty, and easy to make. I used fresh basil instead of parsley, marsala instead of vermouth, and farfalle instead of fettuccini, because that's what I had at home. I also left out the red pepper flakes, because we don't like the spiciness. Will definitely make this again.