Prep 1 hr
Cook 9 mins
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 1 1/2 c. shrimp mixture and 3/4 c. rice. Per serving: 409 calories, 8.5 g fat, 32.5 g protein, 47.2 g carb, 3.3 g fiber, 194 mg cholesterol.
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups diagonally sliced asparagus (2-inch slices)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- For the shrimp: combine the first 9 ingredients in a large zip-lock heavy duty plastic bag; seal the bag and marinate in the frig for 1 hour.
- Remove shrimp from the bag and reserve the marinade.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in the asparagus and mushrooms; stir/saute for 5 minutes.
- Add in the shrimp; cook for 3 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Mix together the reserved marinade, water, and cornstarch; add mixture to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Serve over hot rice.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.