Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
When I invite a few friends over for an after work supper, I often serve this recipe, as it is so easy and tasty! I serve it with a homemade Parker House roll and a green salad. We can visit in the kitchen with a cold glass of Chardonnay, while I cook, and catch up on each others busy lives. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as we do!
- 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta
- 1⁄4 cup mild olive oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow pepper, cored,seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spear, cut into 2 inch pieces and blanched
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 -4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemons, zest of
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, in 2 Tbsp.
- olive oil, saute bell pepper and blanched asparagus spears.
- Add shrimp and cook until shrimp just turns pink (2-3 minutes).
- Toss shrimp mixture with prepared pasta.
- Add remaining olive oil, green onions, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle hot pasta with fresh, grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
I printed this recipe in 2003 and make it all the time. It's something the whole family enjoys. To make it go further I use 16 oz of pasta.
This wasn't as flavorful as I expected it to be. If I made it again, I'd add garlic and much more lemon zest.